What is The Environment Exchange?
The Environment Exchange (t2e), a trading facility for PRNs, has operated in the PRN market since 1998. Offering an integrated regulated marketplace, t2e provides settlement, dispute resolution and account management services.
Since its inception in 1998 t2e has traded in excess of 10 million tonnes and is currently the UK’s largest collective of buyers and sellers insuring maximum value for its participants.
With over 85% of currently active compliance schemes operating in the market and over 90% of accredited reprocessors actively using the exchange, t2e is able to satisfy all businesses, large and small, regardless of the size of your obligations.
Our aim is to provide our participants with an effective, secure and transparent method of buying or selling PRNs. We provide full trading support, a full-time trader is available from placing your initial order right the way through to final settlement of the transaction.
Benefits of trading with The Environment Exchange
- First compliance year’s participation is free.
- No restrictive contracts.
- Clear trading fees- no hidden charges. Prices shown in the market are those offered by buyers and sellers. No hidden fees to middlemen.
- Independent and transparent trading, we represent neither the buyer nor seller, but help to achieve a fair market price for both.
- 5 forward markets allowing you to trade up to a year in advance allaying risk.
- Instant access to current and historic industry leading market prices and information.
- Dedicated market operators on hand to guide you through the market and process your bids.
- Enter bids or offers online with our online trading facility.
What is my Cost Of compliance?
By choosing to comply independently businesses are able keep their cost of compliance significantly lower than if choosing to comply via a compliance scheme or broker. When using t2e a business’s cost of compliance can be significantly reduced by avoiding annual subscription fees and hidden charges often associated with compliance schemes and brokers. t2e participants are able to benefit from transparent trading fees and can take assurance from the fact that they will always be trading at true market prices, ensuring that they keep their cost of compliance as low as possible.